We continue to assist a local Human Trafficking ministry, Florida Abolitionist, in addition to our full-time role with Cru. We are busy preparing for the National Weekend of Prayer to End Slavery and Trafficking, and the 7th Annual Human Trafficking Awareness Day event – both of which are in January.
This year, Florida Abolitionist:
- Facilitated the largest attended Awareness Day event, with over 6,000 people present.
- Hired a full-time Victim Advocate.
- Merged with Set Free to create our student and youth prevention department.
- Started a local human trafficking hotline.
- Assisted over 50 survivors of human trafficking.
2014 has been busy but it will pale in comparison to 2015. If the trend continues, we expect to assist twice as many victims of trafficking in the new year.